Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Spring Training & Little League---- Is There A Correlation?

Well, if you’re asking me, I have to say….I dunno. I frequently hear my hubby and BFF talking about Spring Training....so when I came across info for 'on this date' (Feb 20) that today is the birthday of +Carl Stotz - American founder of Little League Baseball... I thought.....huh? (Really, I said to myself, out loud, "HUH?").  Yep, I surprised myself that I actually gave more than a fleeting thought to three words: Little League Baseball.


I really could care less about it but what caught my attention (as seems to be the way my brain works)
is this: Little League is baseball. Baseball is boring. Boring I would be if ever I joined the hubby & BFF for Spring Training. Hey it’s the Dudes’ birthday today…..Huh?

Evidently without Mr. Stotz - the little boys that play baseball wouldn't have any clue what they're doing. That’s not entirely true. They probably wouldn’t have an organized type league, as they know it, had it not been for Carl Stotz.  

As far as Spring Training….well, my hubby, +Robert Aguilar and +Maggie Leach, my BFF & Bob’s ‘sports wife’* can go knock themselves out...they do that in baseball, right? Maybe that's football or boxing- I dunno.  Little League Baseball & Spring Training, keeps the boys & my BFF busy and out of trouble.

At any rate, Happy Birthday to Carl Stotz!

  
*Sports wife: a friend that puts up with all the sports crap so I don’t have to.


No comments:

Post a Comment