Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Been A While, Sometimes My Words Take A Different Path



Well, It’s been a heck of a lo-n-n-g time since I’ve ‘blogged’. I own the fact that I really wasn’t in a ‘happy place’.  Somewhere along the line I allowed my sadness to get the best of me -AND not to bemoan that I felt my life was crappy…..but- - -well, IT WAS. Well, actually my career (or lack of) was, quite frankly, a crapfest!

Well, let me see….I actually started writing about something else, but I have to go with what is in my head AT THIS MOMENT. Which is- (heh-heh-heh) something that makes me giggle. I am watching THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA. It’s the movie with Meryl Streep – who btw is an excellent actress – and Anne Hathaway (I love her too). It’s about a power hungry, narcissistic (capital) B. without a heart.  I’m not gonna lie…it made me think of someone.

I actually started writing a screenplay about my life as a morning radio show producer and ALL that happens behind the scenes. Yep- smacks  of THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA-ish… It was great therapy for me.
I learned that kind (& good) should win and sometimes the devil gets her way but only for a while and sometimes it takes time to see Karma work. I’d be remiss if I didn’t state that most of the people I worked with aren’t included -in any way- in my ‘words to share’… I loved my colleagues…and I miss them dearly….there is only, as in the movie, one devil - - and it is only the devil that should get all it deserves.

I am almost to the point where I can forgive…NEVER FORGET… but forgive. I have a great new job. I am working with two wonderfully kind, decent, funny, caring people with no egos. It’s a brand new position and I am the first to hold this special position. I intend to grow and make it something really special.

Is there a lesson?  YES….Our job does not define us as a person. The people who really matter are the ones that KNOW you, listen to you, care about you and will be part of your life when you have nothing to offer them- other than what REALLY matters; love, kindness, friendship & laughter ( I am very, very fortunate that all the peeps in my life love me for who I am, which admittedly, is just painfully goofy).

OH..if ya wanna know what the title of my screenplay is- message me….I’m ALWAYS happy to share.

Blessings,
Lisa

1 comment: